USG Industrial Plasters and Gypsum Cement Products
We carry a large and varied inventory of gypsum plasters and gypsum cement products for the ceramic industry, hobbyist, aerospace, movie, and television industries.
The following is a list of the types of plasters available and a short explanation of the use of the specific material:
- Casting Plaster
- Good utility plaster where expansion control, hardness and strength are not of major importance (referred to as “Casting Plaster” on the West Coast).
- Hydrocal White Gypsum Cement
- A basic Hydrocal cement with a use consistency of 45 lbs. of water per 100 lbs. of plaster. Can be carved or added to. Setting expansion about twice that of Molding, Casting or Pottery plaster. Manufactured at Southard, Oklahoma only.
- Ultracal 30 Gypsum Cement
- Surface hardness and compressive strength are higher and setting expansion is lower than Hydrocal B – 11 cement, but has similar workability and setting characteristics.
- Hydro-Stone Gypsum Cement
- Hard and strong, especially suitable where high strength and resistance to water absorption are necessary. Cannot be worked under a template. Used in high quality art novelty and statuary castings. Should not be cast in glue molds, but works well in plaster, rubber or Koroseal. Expands about three times greater than Hydrocal A-11 or B-11 Gypsum Cement.
If you are looking for a large quantity of gypsum plasters and gypsum cement products, we would be happy to place a special order for you. Just ask!