Filter Media Rocks, Aggregates, Filter Sand and Specialty Rocks
The George L. Throop Company supplies filter media such as filter sand, filter rock, gravel rock, filter gravel, and other filter media for a wide variety of water purification and chemical purification applications to many different industries. Our extensive experience has given us versatility in our overall knowledge of the different applications for water filter media. We can assist in estimating quantities and types of sand, rock and other layers of filter materials in the overall filter media design desired and therefore we can help you achieve your ultimate goal of a well-working filtration system.
We have experience shipping filter gravel media all over the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Middle East, South America, and many other locations overseas.
Our filter media meets and exceeds the most recent AWWA and ANSI/NSF Standard 61 certified specifications if requested when ordered.
We supply the following types of bulk filter media in all sizes:
Filter Media Applications:
- Drinking Water Filtration
- City, County, Municipal and Federal Governmental Water Departments
- Dam Filtration
- Waste Water Filtration
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Swimming Pool Filtration
- Water Wells
- Industrial Filtration Applications
- Computer Manufacturing Filtration Application
- Food Processing Water Filtering Application
- General Water Filtration
- General Chemical Filtration
Testing of Filter Media:
- Certified independent testing lab is available for those projects where it is required.
Shipping and Handling:
- Most filter media can be purchased in large quantities of 50 lb, 100 lb polypropylene, or multi-layer paper bags.
- Bulk filter media is also available in 3,000 lb (30 cubic feet) polypropylene Supersacks or in bulk containers. Supersacks are designed for time-saving installation.
- Shipping can be on expendable one way pallets.
- For added protection, stretch wrap is available.
- Other media can be packaged in various other ways.
- We will assist in providing transportation rates for United States or oversea shipments.
- Usually shipped on pallets.
- Flat bed or van truck, bulk truck, containers, or rail shipments are available.